Friday, January 21, 2011

Led Zeppelin ask Aerosmith vocalist to join their band?

Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler has revealed that Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page asked him to replace Robert Plant in the legendary British band.

Speaking to US shock jock Howard Stern, Tyler said Page's manager, Peter Mench, asked him to audition for the band after frontman Robert Plant turned down an offer to reform Led Zeppelin for a world tour following the band's one off reunion show at London's O2 Arena in December, 2007.

"[Mench] said Robert wouldn't play with them again, and would I want to come over and jam with the guys?" Tyler told Stern. "I went over and played."

After the session, Page asked Tyler to record an album with him and bassist John Paul Jones and drummer Jason Bonham.

"[I said] 'No.' I'm in Aerosmith," said Tyler. "He's in the biggest band in the world and I'm in a band like that. I have such an allegiance to my band and I love it so much."

As previously reported, Robert Plant told US magazine Rolling Stone earlier this month that Led Zeppelin will never play together.

No comments:

Post a Comment