Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich talks new album

Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich was recently interviewed about the new album his band is planning:

Thevine.com.au: James told me he has 800 and something new riffs on his iTunes.

Ulrich: "We'll see how it plays out. I look forward to getting back and creating, I look forward to just getting back and playing. I look forward to getting back to that side again. We started working on Death Magnetic five years ago this month. And we spent a lot of time and put a lot of effort into that record, and it was certainly worth it,. But I don't take for granted that we can top it - I will set out to top it. I hope we can - but it's a motherfucker of a record. So we'll see how it plays out."

Thevine.com.au: There must be kids that are getting Death Magnetic first. And going back.

Ulrich: "Sure, it's worked out rather well. I never expected it to work out quite that well. I think there's always been - sometimes been - a borderline elitist reluctance to embrace the new records from some fans. Because if you embrace the new records in some way, it's [somehow perceived] as a diss on the old stuff. Which I've never quite been able to understand. But this record has really been embraced by the fans, it's probably the most openly embraced Metallica record since the first four."

No comments:

Post a Comment