Friday, March 11, 2011

Motley Crue bassist Nikki Sixx to file a lawsuit over Facebook pictures?

In an interview with the Toronto Sun newspaper, Motley Crue bassist Nikki Sixx reveals he is contemplating legal action due to Facebook deleting pictures he posted:

In a so-called "celebrity interview" at Canadian Music Week in Toronto on Thursday afternoon, Sixx said he was sent notices to refrain from doing so then he posted a picture of a transgendered man, who was in the process of becoming a woman.

"He has breasts and they pulled that and said no female nudity," said Sixx, in front of a packed audience in a ballroom at the Fairmont Royal York Hotel. "And I thought, ‘Okay, we're on to something here, someone is asleep at the wheel."

So Sixx posted the new Sixx A.M. single (Lies of The Beautiful People), which has no nudity.

"But it does have a model who half of her face is melted off and she's extremely beautiful," he said. "They then deleted that and told me if I do it again, that they're going to delete my account and I reached out to my lawyers and said, ‘I don't really feel that's fair to stop somebody from trying to spread a positive message when they're not even really manning the ship.'"

Sixx thinks Facebook is showing a double standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment