Sunday, March 27, 2011

Slipknot's Corey Taylor talks about the bands future

Slipknot frontman Corey Taylor was interviewed by m.Caller.com. Here are a few excerpts from the interview/article:

Donnie Steele, the original guitar player in Slipknot, will fill in on bass, but his involvement and the return to the concert stage doesn't mean things are all systems go for the full-on return of the band.

Taylor, who considered Gray and his wife among his best friends, is still struggling with the loss and isn't guaranteeing anything about Slipknot's future.

"There's a part of me that's ready and there's a part of me that's not," Taylor told "Weekly Chatter" in a phone interview. "Honestly, I have a lot of trepidation about it. I don't know how to feel. I know a lot of the guys in the band are trying not to show that side, and I can't."

According to Taylor, Gray was an integral member of the band. He was not only a key songwriter, but on a personal level, the glue within Slipknot. Taylor said he won't be able to just pick up where Slipknot left off as if nothing happened.

"He's irreplaceable," Taylor said. "Without Paul Gray, there would have been no Slipknot, and I mean that sincerely. So to me, it's strange for me to think about the future of Slipknot without him.

"This tour coming up is definitely going to be like baby steps," he said. "So it's going to be a long time before I feel OK about it. I'm not saying that I'm not open to it. I'm just saying that I'm not there yet, and I don't know how long it's going to take me to get there. So we're just going to have to see what happens. Only time will tell."

No comments:

Post a Comment