Friday, April 8, 2011

Slayers's Kerry King talks about relationship with Metallica and Megadeth

ARTISTdirect News has an interview with SLAYER guitarist Kerry King. An excerpt from the interview follows:

Q: When did it you realize you'd be in Slayer as your career?

A: "When I was 25-years-old, I didn't think I'd be doing it when I was 40. As your heroes get older and you see other people do it, you're like, 'Man, I don't feel old'. You get a different perspective on age when you get there, at least I do. I don't feel like I did when I was 20, but I certainly don't feel 46 either. Touring and the stage time keep me in shape. If I didn't drink, I'd be a little skinny bastard, but that's self-medicating to get you through the tour."

Q: Have you been writing new music at all?

A: "Not really, I've got a couple riffs married together. That's just me messing around though. I've definitely got things I want to accomplish with these riffs floating around in the back of my head. I tape them on my iPhone so I don't have to carry around a recording device. It's good enough to remember a moment in time. I don't care what it sounds like; I just have to remember where it is."

Q: If The Big Four were a movie, what would it be?

A: "The Expendables! [Laughs] It's just a big dude movie. It has all of the big action stars from when we first started. There's that connection. They blow up shit throughout the entire movie, and there's going to be all kinds of carnage when all of us play so I think it's perfect."

No comments:

Post a Comment