Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Chirs Adler discusses Testament album guest spot.


LAMB OF GOD's Chris Adler will make a special guest appearance on a couple of bonus tracks on the forthcoming album from San Francisco Bay Area thrash metal veterans TESTAMENT. The rest of the drums tracks on the CD are being laid down by Gene "The Atomic Clock" Hoglan(ex-DARK ANGEL, ex-STRAPPING YOUNG LAD, FEAR FACTORY,DETHKLOK), who previously played on TESTAMENT's 1997 album,"Demonic".

Due to a "serious injury," drummer Paul Bostaph is unable to take part in the new CD recordings but will rejoin TESTAMENT for future touring activities.

Regarding his collaboration with TESTAMENT, Chris told Gun Shy Assassin, "They just sent me the first song, so we're going to do that while we're set up [at a studio in New York City recording the new LAMB OF GODalbum]. I haven't had time to sit down and learn the tune, but they have programmed drums on it. I guess Gene is doing the rest of the record, which is amazing. When I first started talking to Eric [Peterson,TESTAMENT guitarist], they had me going out there, sitting with them, and figuring out the whole thing. They said they might do it with Gene, and I was like, 'If you can get Gene, don't bother with me. He's the king.'"

When asked what he thought of the tune he's been sent, he said, "It's great. It sounds a lot like the stuff on [TESTAMENT's 1988 album] 'The New Order'. I still have that vinyl. Definitely my favorite TESTAMENTrecord. This one . . . sounds like old TESTAMENT. It's super old school, and real thrashy. It's definitely very heavy. It's different than what we're doing. They're sticking to their guns: San Francisco thrash. To me, it's a different kind of challenge. I wanted to do the whole record, but at least I get to do two."

The new TESTAMENT album is being helmed by British producer Andy Sneap, who has previously worked with MEGADETH, ARCH ENEMY,NEVERMORE, MACHINE HEAD and EXODUS, among many others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment