Monday, February 21, 2011

Lacuna vocalist Cristina Scabbia offers update on next album

Lacuna Coil vocalist Cristina Scabbia offered a video update to www.empty-spiral.com:

“We learned so much from making “Shallow Life” and working with a different producer it gave us a great starting point for this record. We want to bring everything we have to the table and just explore that. We’re more inspired by the dark side of life than anything else right now, and I’m pretty sure the new album will be darker and heavier because of that.
It’s still a rock sound. I like the direction we took on ‘Shallow Life’ and this is going to be in that vein. I still love metal to death, but at this point I like rock more. I like being able to bring different things that are not necessarily from metal to the album because I like the contamination between sounds. I like that music is always evolving and that you can be free to take sounds and mix them together.”

Scabbia went on to say:

“I’ve learned over the years that you cannot make everyone happy. If you stay classic, there will be some who say you’re not innovative, and if you’re innovative, people will complain that you sold out or you went off the rails. I can honestly say I don’t care anymore. We want to be free to do whatever we want. We love rock and roll and we love metal, but we don’t want to put any limitations on what we might make.”

Lacuna Coil are schedule to appear at Switzerland’s Greenfield Festival alongside Foo Fighters and System of a Down, June 9-11

No comments:

Post a Comment