Saturday, February 19, 2011

Queensryche vocalist Geoff Tate says ex guitarist Chris DeGarmo will never play in the band again

Queensryche vocalist Geoff Tate was recently interviewed by Rockzone, a Greek webzine. Here is an excerpt from that interview:

Q: Now that you have Parker in the band, I remember, at some point, you saying “I have a kick-ass band!” Do you ever take the time to, well, not compare, but consider the “old” band and the “new” one?

Geoff Tate: "No."

Q: I mean, there’s no point, but do you ever do that?

Geoff Tate: "No, not really. You mean with Chris (DeGarmo/guitars) in the band?

Q: "Even with Mike Stone…"

Geoff Tate: "Not really, no. You know, I’m still friends with Stone, I’m still friends with Chris, I’m still friends with Kelly Gray. It’s just, musically, sometimes things don’t quite work out. People get involved with different projects.We always said that after Chris left we wouldn’t ever had a permanent second guitarist. And that seems to be working really well for us. We all like that; collaborate with different people, it kinda keeps things fresh for us."

Q: At some point I was wondering if a one-off with Chris would be an idea. Not a good idea necessarily, just an idea…

Geoff Tate: "I doubt that Chris will get on stage again, really. He’s not into that. He hadn’t picked up a guitar in a couple of years."

No comments:

Post a Comment