Sunday, March 6, 2011

Motohead frontman Lemmy speaks on reuniting with the original line up

Motorhead frontman Lemmy was interviewed by Guitar International. Here is an excerpt from that interview:

Guitar International: With 20 LPs of material how do you pick a set list?

Kilmister: "We fight! [Laughing]. We know what we have to play. We have to play 'Overkill', 'Ace Of Spades' and 'Killed By Death'. We put 'The Chase Is Better Than The Catch' back in the set and I chose 'We Are Motorhead' just for this tour. There are also two songs from the new CD; 'Get Back in Line' and 'I Know How to Die'.

Guitar International: What do you attribute to the longevity of Motörhead?

Kilmister: "Not dying, that’s the secret to longevity! If you believe in what you do, it’s easy to keep going. It’s not a problem. I’ll never consider giving up. For one thing, I’m not qualified to do anything else [Laughing]."

Guitar International: Any plans to ever reunite with Phil “Philthy” Taylor and Fast Eddie Clarke from the original line-up?

Kilmister: "No, because these two guys with me now have been with me longer than the original two. Phil has been with me for 26-27 years and Mikkey over 19 years. They played 'Ace of Spades'more often than those two. They played 'Overkill' more often than those two. Why should I put Phil and Mikkey on hold to go off with guys who probably can’t play them as well? They’ve been out of practice. It’s ridiculous to think of it. Then I would be a nostalgia act. I’m all for the now and the future."

No comments:

Post a Comment