Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sammy Hagar speaks on returning to Van Halen

Sammy Hagar spoke with RollingStone.com about his new book and if he would return to join Van Halen. Here is an excerpt from that interview:

Rolling Stone: What made you want to write a book?

Hagar: "I’ve been maybe one of the most misunderstood rockers of all time because I’ve always been kinda quiet on my personal life. I’ve never really been a press-hound. There’s never been a lot of stuff written about me, quite honestly. Flying under the radar’s always been my philosophy. If you’re never in, you’re never out."

Rolling Stone: Are there things you didn't put in the book because you didn't want to piss off Ed or David Lee Roth?

Hagar: "Oh, hell no. I didn't really consider that, because they know what happened. I didn't make up anything. I didn't embellish anything. The only thing is that I didn't go as crazy as I could have about the sex, drugs and rock & roll part of my early years. I have a nine-year-old daughter and a 14-year-old daughter."

Rolling Stone: What do you think the percent odds are that you'll ever play in Van Halen again?

Hagar: "I'd say it's up there around 90 percent. I would love to make another record with Van Halen. If Eddie was totally cool and was back to the guy I used to know, or a new guy, not the guy I knew the last time [laughs]. He can’t be that guy. I wouldn’t do it if he was like that. It’s below zero, minus zero. But if Eddie really got his life together, which it seems he has judging by the pictures I've seen, then definitely."

No comments:

Post a Comment