Saturday, March 5, 2011

Genesis drummer and 80's rock icon Phil Collins to retire immediately

According to the www.telegraph.co.uk 80's rock icon and legendary Genesis drummer Phil Collins is retiring from music immediately due to undisclosed health related issues which will prevent him from playing drums.

The 60-year-old star says he feels it is "a good time to stop" making music, adding: "I don't think anyone's going to miss me."

He has hearing problems, a dislocated vertebra and nerve damage in his hands, all brought on by a lifetime spent hunched behind a drum kit.

The songwriter also claims that listeners have grown "sick" of him and that there is no longer a place for him in the current music scene.

"I look at the MTV Music Awards and I think: 'I can't be in the same business as this'," Collins says in an interview with FHM magazine.

"I don't really belong to that world and I don't think anyone's going to miss me. I'm much happier just to write myself out of the script entirely.

No comments:

Post a Comment