Monday, May 9, 2011

Dave Mustaine and Dan Spitz join forces in Red Lamb.


According to Blabbermouth.net Dave Mustaine of Megadeth has joined forces with ex-Anthrax lead guitarist in a group now dubbed Red Lamb. The band is a reformation of the project Spitz was working on called Deuxmonkey until recently when vocalist Wade Black (Crimson Glory/Seven Witches/Leatherwolf) opted out. The rest of the line-up is rounded out by Accept bassist Peter Baltes and drummer Patrick Johansson (Yngwie Malmsteen/Wasp). No official word whether Mustaine will sing lead only or also play guitar in the project. The album was been produced by Johnny K of Disturbed fame and Mustaine himself.

Black announced his departure from Deuxmonkey in April, explaining that the band's "songs were not up to my standards." He added that he gave Spitz "a verbal cease-and-desist on all my lyrics and vocals" in order to ensure that Wade's contributions would be completely wiped off the project's debut release.

In a December 2010 interview, Mustaine revealed that he helped fine-tune the songs on Deuxmonkey's debut album after hearing some of the material in its early stages of development.

"[Dan] was working on a little side project, and I'd heard it a while ago and it kind of went by in passing 'cause he was just starting it," Mustaine said. "And I heard it about three weeks ago; he was almost done. And I said, 'Man, I love this record.' I said, 'And do you think it's done?' And he goes, 'Yeah.' And he goes, 'Why? What do you think?' And I said, 'Well, I would kind of do this and that.' And he goes, 'Really? Go ahead.' And I went, 'Really?' So I rolled up my sleeves and I completely dedicated myself to Danny's record for the last three weeks, working tirelessly in my studio on this record with him. And it's that good. I heard it and I just went, 'Oh my God!' It's like a cross between, say Disturbed, Soundgarden and Rage Against the Machine kind of thing. Little bit of some smatterings of Anthrax because of the speed stuff, but it's much more modern and much more heavy sounding."








No comments:

Post a Comment